Sunday, April 29, 2012

X, Y, AND AN APOLOGY....

Happy Sunday everyone.

Man, AM I supper late for this post. I know I haven't been the best blogger for this Challenge, and I know I haven't visited so many of you. I am almost too embarrassed to apologize, but I will again, and I hope you can all forgive me.

This coming week I will have a few days of free time, so I will make me biggest effort to redeem myself and visit you.

I am thankful for all my friends for taking the time out of their busy schedules to visit me here. So now I WANT to do the same. 

As for the "W" post, the correct answer is The WiLLOWS, an enchanted willow tree grove heavily featured in my first novel.

Today I have "X" and "Y" grouped together. The "X" riddle is an obscure character in a beloved series. I hope you enjoy it.

My daughter, an interesting young woman, is loved by many the reader. It astonishes me. Her mother died in an unfortunate accident, leaving me to care for our daughter when she was only nine-years-old.
I taught her most of my beliefs, which many feel are not worthy of the paper I print them upon. Yes, I am known as a what most would say, a KOOK.
But thankfully, she is like her mother: sweet, kind, and lovely, But, alas, she does have a bit of me in her too.
We live in a small village hours away from London. Perhaps you have heard of it: Ottery St. Catchpole, located in Devon England along the Otter River. It is a mixed area. Our immediate neighbors are of our kind, but there are others who live there too.
Well, it is getting late, and I do need to check the presses. My current edition of the Quibbler should be quite ready for delivery...


For the "Y" post, I changed the format and just went with an observation type riddle. Sometimes my emotions have a mind of their own...
One thing preys upon my mind this weekend. Something that many of us are obsessed with IT... me included. I often wonder why. Television and radio commercials are saturated with anything and everything to help us maintain IT.

We spend billions of dollars a year to obtain IT But again, why? In the generations before us, people just accepted who they were and went about there business. Each day focused on family, friends, and making a living, waiting for the time to retire and enjoy life.
What’s even more ironic, the people who have IT waste it. We are all guilty of this, it is part of ITS curse. By now I am sure you know what IT is. Perhaps, some day, we will learn to grow old gracefully. 
HA! not me, I am going to put up THE biggest fight... LOL.
Thank you all so much for sticking by me this month. I had the hardest time keeping up with daily posts. Last year my life wasn't as hectic and I had the time to write and visit many of you. So even though I did the posts, I failed by not visiting. Sorry everyone. I will do my best to make it up to you.

As a final note, I'd like to wish ALL THE TAURUS' Happy Birthday... I am celebrating mine here today in Orlando Florida... Some friends are coming over this afternoon to visit me while I am at my timeshare. It should be a fun day. The weather is brightly sunny and hot... my favorite.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. See you tomorrow.

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not going to even try to guess.
Happy birthday, Michael!
Get to us when you can. No apology needed.

Denise Covey said...

Happy Birthday Michael. Enjoy your celebrations! Forget about the A-Z. It's all over bar the shouting.

Denise

Trisha said...

Everybody is falling a little flat at this stage of the game, I'm surprised lately if I even get a few comments on each blog post. haha. April is a great month for blogging, but also a wearying one!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Happy Birthday Michael! Have a great birthday. And everyone can only do what they can about commenting, especially when the event is all month.

mshatch said...

I forget his name but that's Luna Lovegood's dad, whose name begins with X.

Y is youth, of course, which our media has helped to make the one thing we all want to keep even though we can't. Too bad older beautiful people (like you and I perhaps...not that we are very old, of course!) weren't venerated more.

And no worries about not getting around. There were a lot of participants and it was hard to check everyone out and keep up with everything else.

Happy Birthday :)

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Like Denise said, the A-Z Challenge is almost a memory. Don't stress over it. Mshatch is the champion at the answers!

Speaking of youth, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (Again, since I wished you a happy birthday a full week ago to be sure I gave a good friend his due!)

Danette said...

The worst thing about our obsession of Youth is that it comes at the expense of appreciating and respecting the elderly- whether they are young at heart or not.

Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Xenophilius Lovegood!! Hahaha! As soon as you said "an obscure character in a beloved series" I knew it was him. 'Cause you love Harry Potter!

And happy birthday once again!

dolorah said...

I couldn't remember the name of Luna's dad, but knew him right away. I'm not fighting to stay youthful too hard though, I earned every gray hair :)

Glad you had such a good birthday Michael.

.......dhole

dolorah said...

I couldn't remember the name of Luna's dad, but knew him right away. I'm not fighting to stay youthful too hard though, I earned every gray hair :)

Glad you had such a good birthday Michael.

.......dhole

Unknown said...

Someone has to feed your fish :) once again, hope your birthday was tons of fun!