Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sorry for the late post today, but I was needed by my recovering aunt. Thankfully all is well.

As I focus on one of my favorite letters, E, I recall the beautiful poem I wrote last year called Eventide. How on earth could I top that? I knew I had to try, after all, this is a challenge ... isn't it?

For today's post I wove in several "e" words, but only one is the true "e" word. SO let's have a bit of fun. Why not leave your guess in the comments and I will reveal the true "e" word in tomorrows post. There are four of five to choose from. It is a minimal FF piece, only 137 words.

I hope you enjoy it.



What can I say about the mysticism of this situation. Dark clouds formed into a perfect circle, spiraling in the heavens.
Sea birds fought gallantly through the heavy winds, dipping, gliding, and swerving as palm trees bent bowing to some invisible king.
What little light present disappeared in an instant. Only a fraction of bright light remained edging a blackened mass formerly the sun.

I sat in wonder as I observed nature at its rawest and most pure; one with the elements.
Strange voices shouted in excitement, breaking my solitude. A Bonnie Tyler song played through my head, drowning out the other observers.
The clouds dispersed and swept through the heavens in some odd celestial dance as golden rays of light returned. The eclipse ended, not to return for another five generations, ready to entrance once more.
Thanks for dropping by A-Z ers and old friends. Have a wonderful Day! See you tomorrow.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your aunt is doing well, Michael.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad everything is all right with your aunt. And I'd select element as the word.

Golden Eagle said...

I'm glad to hear things are okay with your aunt!

I'd have to guess elements, too.

Laura said...

Lovely post - glad your aunt is okay.
Lx

Zella said...

Eclipse.

Enchanting piece.

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

I must go with eclipse especially after you mentioned Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart!

Good thoughts for your Aunt.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Oh this reminds me of the episode of Being Human on Monday where the Eclipse cause havok with Josh and he turned all wolfy and his poor true love, frightened, backed into the street and got struck by a car.

So sad.

I love emotion-filled pieces like this. You use such great imagery.

Jemi Fraser said...

I was going to guess elemental or eclipse, but then they showed up in the piece - which is lovely! :)

dolorah said...

Soon as I saw Bonnie Tyler I knew it had to be Eclipse :)

....dhole